"Mrs. S?"
"Ok class, let's talk about the difference between 'Miss' and 'Mrs.' Who knows what it is?"
"'Mrs.' means you're married"
"That's right."
"And 'Miss' means you're not."
"That's right. Nick?"
"'Miss can also mean that you're divorced."
"That's true, Nick, but in that case you'd write it like this: Ms."
"I know why there's no 'R'. It's cuz there's no 'Mr.' any more."
"That's....right... Ok, so which am I?"
"You're 'Miss'"
"That's right. Am I wearing a wedding ring?"
"No."
"So that means..."
"You're not married."
"Miss S, are you still in college?"
"No, I graduated in December."
"Are you ever gonna get married?"
"...well, it takes two people to get married and right now there's only me. I guess I haven't met him yet. Yes, Mike?"
"All you gotta do is meet a guy who isn't crazy or dirty. Or poor."
"Yeah, you don't want to marry a hobo."
".... alright, who can tell me where a 'G' goes on the staff?"
That's great! My students' conversations go something like this: "Kerry, are you ever going to get married?"
ReplyDelete"Don't know. I hope so. I'm just waiting to meet the right guy."
"Well, you hate men so how are you going to marry one?"
"I don't hate men!"
"It sure seems that way. But don't worry. We will find someone nice that can teach you how like men and we will make him marry you."
"Gee, thanks guys, I think????"
Whoa, Mike... setting the bar high there, aren't ya, buddy?!
ReplyDeleteHaha, thats awesome. At least they didnt bring up another subject like my relatives always do.
ReplyDelete"Aimee, why arn't you married yet? Is there something we should know wbout you?...."
Sounds like Mike might be worth waiting for. And hey, you can start training RIGHT now!! Is he cute?
ReplyDelete