25 September 2007

me vs. chair

Well, it must be that time of the year. You know, the time for my yearly battle with my clumsiness. I'd been doing pretty well at controlling it, but it got free again tonight and that makes me fear for not only my own safety, the the safety of others as well.

Tonight's battle was fought in a band room. I was helping to set up the chairs for rehearsal. I went over to the chair rack on which the chairs were stacked right about eye level. I grabbed two and began to pull them from the rack. And then, evidently because I am WAY stronger than I think, I smacked myself square in the lip with those stupid chairs.

And then I had to go and play a REALLY grueling 2 hour rehearsal. (you know you are truly a brass player when you would rather break a leg, lose an eye, or get kicked in the groin than to get hit in the mouth.)

Me: 0
Clumsiness: 1

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment